Sunday, April 20, 2008

Baking Class

One of my plan for Y2008 is to be able to make great taste and look birthday cake in addition to cupcake. Although I had previously attended 2 baking classes, I am still quite skeptical about my skill on baking a good sponge cake.
Happened to find out that Gina from Kitchen Capers was conducting baking class for Chiffon and Sponge cakes. I was glad that I attended the class as it really regain my confident for my next attempt. The recipes given were really good and in fact by far that was the best baking class that I had attended based on recipe and learning experience.
I already have in mind the list of cakes that I am going to bake for upcoming occasions :)
Preparation work prior the class commence.

Baking chiffon and sponge cakes with separated egg method.
This is how it looks like after mixing both egg yolk and white batter.

Using piping bag to pour coffee chiffon batter into daisy baking pan.

Using Madeline tray to bake green tea sponge cake.

Ready to bake...

Almost done...

Pandan Chiffon

Green Tea Sponge Cake
Lemon Sponge Cake
Guess what cake are we baking ?
It is not any cake but Nasi Lemak compliment from Gina and Secret Chef. This is how it looks like and it taste real good!

We also had Longtong curry with paste made by Gina....taste yummy!!!

2 comments:

Gina Choong said...

Cyndi, I didn't get to see the lemon sponge cake which the others made. I am crazy about using citrus fruit zest in cakes and cookies. So far, the best is always lemons and oranges. Grapefruit smells like orange. So you can't tell the difference. Give u another tip, try substituting lemon zest with pureed green kiwi from 1 kiwi fruit.

Gina Choong said...

hi Cyndi, thank you for taking the photos. I always bring my camera but never got the chance to use it. I didn't even get to see the final lemon sponge cake or even taste it. i hope its was okay as its the cake that everyone made. :)