Sunday, May 11, 2008

Successful Sponge Cakes - Vanilla

In fact, I set myself quite a high challenging task for this year to bake a successful sponge cake without using spongecake mix or any spongecake emulsifier and also had chosen the separated egg method. FINALLY! I had succeed.
Thanks to the baking lesson (I have learnt a few tips from there) and also thanks to Linda from Imperial Kitchen for her tips and recipe. I really appreciate that for the breakthough and with that...my to bake list is going to increase with the new found success.

My First Successful Sponge Cake!

Trying to show everyone how spongy it is!

But didn't know it will leave a dent! :)

The finishing look and I like the fresh eggy and rum smell! My son keep digging into it before I can decorate it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hi cyndi..lovely blog. Congratulation on baking a beautiful sponge cake . I have tried numerous times in baking this recipe but fail. Did u follow closely to Linda's recipe and did you Wrap with baking strips as suggested and how long did u bake yr cake for? Mine cake colappse and underbake even if i bake for more than 1 hour..lol
thanks

Home Baker said...

Hi Sue,
Thanks for dropping by my blog. I think I used a different recipe but follow Linda's tip to the T. Though I didn't use the baking strips, I did use a wet towel to wrap the cake tin when placing it into the oven. I baked my cake around 40 mins (however it really depend on individual oven). Cake collapse or underbake is mainly though not always due to the mixing process. Are you the lady whom attended Gina's baking class? If so, follow her method of beating the egg white and will not go wrong. Keep trying and don't give up...one day your bake will be successful as mine.

Cyndi

Unknown said...

thanks i will keep trying ..cause i love eating sponge cake . I thought u were using Linda's recipe from the food forum cause i saw yr comment there. Do u mind sharing the recipe.

Did u used Gina' recipe during the baking class for this cake? Nope i was not the one in the class...cannot attend la ..i'm fm malaysia..lol

Home Baker said...

I will email the recipe to you but pls give me some time as I need to go and search my piles of baking books/notes :)

Unknown said...

thanks in advance ...my email s_sandii@hotmail.com
Do take yr time..i really appreciate it:)