Sunday, May 11, 2008

Successful Sponge Cakes - Chocolate

Having success with the vanilla sponge, I decided to try baking Chocolate Sponge and so happen sis-in-law came over to my place to have Mother's Day lunch, we jointly baked this chocolate sponge. The cake is perfect but may be I have been using Valhorna Chocolate in almost every Chocolate recipe...in fact I am a little sick of the taste and smell... also find all my chocolate baking smell and taste the same. I will try to explore other brand of chocolate ingredients.



3 comments:

Gina Choong said...

hi cyndi, did u use powder or chocolate bars for this cake? I got wine infused chocolates..you want? I cannot take chocolate. Got allergy.

Home Baker said...

Hi Gina,
I used cocoa powder for this cake...it is nice and thanks for the tip so that I can succeed in baking sponge cake :)

On the chocolate, yes of course I want them if your gals and hubby don't want them.

Gina Choong said...

cyndi, nobody eats chocolates at home. maybe its becoz I don't eat, so they got the same habit too. Sometimes I use Chocolate syrup(used for dripping onto ice creams) to make chocolate cakes. I am going to HK next week..is there anything you want? :)