Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Green Tea Red Bean Mousse Cake

Green tea red bean is my hubby's favourite combination when come to japanese dessert. Thus, he had requested for that combination as his birthday cake. I like the taste of the Hokkaido Azuki beans though I hope it can be a little less sweet.
To make this cake not too green tea flavor, I substitute the middle sponge layer with vanilla to create that "professional" look....who knows end up with extra vanilla sponge and create another excuse to make another cake which happen to be a GREAT success - Durian Cake!



2 comments:

Gina Choong said...

hi cyndi
where did you get the Azuki red beans? is it the raw ones or the canned cooked ones? I only found the cooked ones in DAISO.

Home Baker said...

Hi Gina,
I bought the canned one from Jusco Malaysia when I was there sometime back. However, I believe Meiya at ex-Daimaru should have it. Otherwise try NTUC but noted those are not from Hokkaido

Cyndi